Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Storm Bats stay Hot!

Storm won so long ago nobody cares anymore

I, Chip Merriweather have been remiss. I have lost my scoop on the game from May 14 because it has taken so long to report on the game. But I lost my scoop because I lost my Scoops. Oh where is my Jockivitch? For who is Holmes without Watson? Kirk without Spock|? Lewis without Clark? Rest assured I will find my Scoops again, and with him I will find my scoops again. 

As for the game that happened so long ago that nobody cares anymore and certainly no one remembers so I can make this all up…

Mills started the game off with a walk and Duran tried to get his cycle going early by following it up with a triple. Rene struggled at the plate for the first time in forever and popped out, but most of the Storm managed to single their way to five runs.

Even though Captain Underpants was present and accounted for BP (that stands for batting practice for the uninitiated) was given the ball to start the game. He set down three of the first four batters and Storm carried the five run lead to the second.

In the second Storm decided they liked what they saw in the first and pretty much carbon copied it. Most players hit, Mills walked again, and Rene… got out again. At least this time it was a sac fly. 

The third and fourth innings saw the law of diminishing returns set in as Storm scored four and then two. Mills finally swung the bat in the third inning and Rene… got out again. Some things never change (cue Olaf). 

In the fifth inning, Storm really took control of the game. Storm started at the bottom and batted all the way through the order. This time, Rene got a hit, proving that you can’t listen to children’s movies, and Storm scored seven runs. Maybe more importantly, though, Lance struck out. 

Storm scored four more in the sixth, Rene is the most self-sacrificial person in baseball as he got another sacrifice, but all was for naught as Hanet decided to call the game as they realised time would expire before they scored the seventeen runs they needed to to tie.

Highlights:
Brian went a solid 4 for 4
A lot of guys on the team didn’t get out

Lowlights:
Duran did not hit a cycle. He got the triple out of the way, but never managed to get the home run. 

Rene started popping the ball up a lot. He’ll need to turn those into line drives if he’s going to maintain his status as the highest OBP in Storm history.

Storm    23   -   Coulas 10

Boxscore

 

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

Total

Storm

5

5

4

2

7

x

x

23

Hanet

1

0

0

5

4

x

x

10

No comments:

Post a Comment